Friday 5 November 2010

Course learning outcomes

Today I have been... Considering the learning outcomes of the B820 course.

Why?

Because I've finished reading the introduction in the reader and I want to re-read the learning outcomes and first parts of the course material intro, and blog a little about them.

So What?

The materials state that by the end of the course I should be able to

  • think strategically - have an awareness of what analysis, choice and implementation of strategy each require
  • understand the concepts ideas and research which underpin...strategy
  • evaluate and apply these...to develop my own views on strategic decision making
  • develop my own strategic thinking through reflection on organisational practice and my own experience. (p7-8u1)

How will I use it?

I am trying to improve my chances of achieving the last point here through this blog. Hopefully this will also help me achieve the other three as well.

As a strategic review is underway in my own department, and a "strategy refresh" has just happened at an organisational level, my learning on these subjects seems well-timed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before posting.